Dear Valued Patients and Community,
After careful consideration, appointments will be limited to 2 to 3 days a week, and space out between appointment to allow patients to socially distance and help prevent the spread of disease. We request that you wear a mask, scarf or bandana, as we all must do our part to avoid coronavirus exposure. We will still be available for Emergencies ONLY. Please call the office to speak to our staff about seeing the doctor. Our phones will continue to be open during normal business hours. Dr. Bhela will be available in office on Monday and Thursday from 10 am to 4 pm. Dr. Bhela will be available from 12 pm to 4 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and 12 to 2 pm Saturday for appointment through video chat. This option allows patient to talk with doctor remotely and from the comfort of your home remotely via a computer, tablet, smartphone or other similar devices that have both internet access, camera, and microphone. PLEASE CALL 516-806-2200 before you book an appointment if your plan covers video visits. Dr. Bhela cannot perform any procedures, he can guide you in the right direction, call in medications, and give advice on your foot problems. In the case of a true emergency, he can meet at office during specific hour if necessary.
Hicksville Podiatry has been closely monitoring information and recommendations from the CDC, Nassau County and NY Department of Health about the COVID-19, Coronavirus. Our thoughts and prayers are with those suffering in this unique time. Even before the outbreak, our medical staff already used universal infection control practices. In light of the current status, we have updated our guidelines, and need some help from our patients to help keep everyone healthy.
- We ask that any patient or family member that displays symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath, to reschedule appointments until they are free from symptoms for at least 5 days. We ask this of our medical staff members as well.
- We ask any patient that has themselves, or someone with whom they have had contact has traveled outside the continental US in the last 30 days to please reschedule their appointment to a later date, as a precaution.
- We are requiring all patients and visitors that enter practice, upon approaching front desk, to please use hand sanitizer that is provided. We also encourage hand washing after touching any surface or person.
The CDC recommends to take everyday precautions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza, by doing the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
- Consult the CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
For more information, check out the following:
- The CDC COVID-19 page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The CDC travel notice: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
As always, the health of our patients and staff is our number 1 priority, from their head to their toes. We have initiated screening measures over the phone prior to scheduling appointment. Our office will continue to actively clean in between each patient and hourly throughout the day with effective cleaning solutions. We use Caviwipes which is on EPA list of registered disinfectants for coronavirus. We are regularly sanitizing all touch surfaces while continuously monitoring our staff and doctor. Our team thoroughly cleans the treatment chairs in between each patient. Our team cleans their hands each time they leave the treatment room. Our welcome room is cleaned each morning with disinfecting wipes. All of our doorknobs are cleaned each morning. We appreciate your support and compliant to the requests. Please feel free to reach out with any questions
The Team at Hicksville Podiatry